Previously...

Hello! To fill the gap left by Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday, the lovely Tracey Joseph and I will be hosting Previously..., a monthly recap bloghop of your writing month.

The headers are:

Previously in Writing
Previously in Reading
Next Time in Goals
A Word of Advice 

This will be posted the last Wednesday of every month. If you want to join in today, leave a link to your post in the comments. Next month, I'll have a proper link hop thingy set up for you. 

 I can't wait to read all your posts ^_^ And feel free to ask any questions.

Previously in Writing

I FINISHED THE GHOST STORY SERIES!!! :D The first book is querying, I have a second draft of the second book, and first drafts of the final two. That means I wrote a four book series in a year. I am quite proud of myself :D


I see a lot of editing in my future... :P

Previously in Reading

Hmmm, well, this month I've mostly been re-reading a few favourites and doing a spot of beta reading for the lovely Sophie. I will get your book back to you asap!! :D

Next Time in Goals

I'm in my post-draft/end of series downtime right now, so I'm not ready to write. I think my goal should be to explore a few ideas and see if anything comes out. I find this part quite hard - it's weird to not be working on something, but I know to rush it would only wind up with a shelfed project. Patience is a virtue...

A Word of Advice

This section is for you to offer fellow writers any pearls of wisdom you may have picked up over the course of the month. You could offer inspiration - like music of an image, or simply offer your support to others.

This month, I shall simply wish you all good luck with your new year's writing resolutions. Believe that 2016 will be your best writing year yet!

And, naturally, here's a great piece of motivating music for you all :D

 

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing your series. Wow! I can't believe you wrote four in one year. I agree with you about having patience. I had to shelve a project this year after doing all of this prep work on it and that wasn't fun.

    Thanks for posting this early so we can see what the format looks like. I'll be jumping in next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured it'd be a good idea to put up a post early to show how it'll work ^_^

      It's never easy to shelve a project. I'm hoping I won't have to anytime soon, but only time will tell.

      Delete
  2. I like this idea - I'm in! :)

    Four books in a year - awesome! :D Enjoy the quiet time between projects and hopefully some new ideas will come to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be good to have you aboard :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, love this idea! Looking forward to jumping in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'll definitely join in next month!

    Wow 4 books! That is amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      It will be lovely to have you join us, too :D

      Delete
  5. What a great idea!! :D (and yay, thanks for beta reading for me <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you're welcome. I'll get it back to you asap.

      Delete
  6. I really like the idea of this 'Previously' business, I miss doing blog hops with all the Linky fanciness. Looking forward to being part of the January one. :D

    Good luck in the query trencheees! You're gonna rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping I can get the Linky to work... Tine will tell ;) It'll be great to have you aboard :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts