Previously...


Wow, haven't done this in a while ^^; In a bid to keep myself blogging once a month, I thought I'd give it a go. Please feel free to join in!

Previously in Writing

I finally, finally, finally got to a point with the all new version of Ghost!Story when I was happy enough to send it out to beta readers. Hooray!

For the first time ever, I edited the chapters out of order. I've never done it that way before, but if you find you're really struggling to concentrate on another readthrough of a book you've read a lot, I highly recommend this. It allowed me to focus on the structure rather than the narrative, and I also managed to catch a lot of tiny details left over from previous versions. I'll have to wait and see what my awesome beta readers think of what remains ;)

Previously in Reading

I've found myself reading a lot of non-fiction this year. I just finished Jeff Guinn's The Road to Jonestown. I find it terrifying that one person can lead so many people to total devastation. 

What Else?

Listen, I can quit Final Fantasy XV any time I want! I just don't want to yet...


I could go on for quite a while about why this game, more than any other Final Fantasy since VII, has taken over my brain, but if I did that, I'd have to get into spoilers and I would hate to ruin it for any of you. Suffice to say, should I find the time, there will be a review :P And by a review, I mostly mean...



Next Time in Goals

Keeping it simple for September as I am returning to work after the summer holidays and will be taking on a new role in another department as well as continuing my old job. Phew, busy, busy, busy! My main goal is to write for fun this month. The final term of my Golden Egg Foundation Year course starts on the 30th, so I need to be ready to get back to work on Ghost!Story by then. All the more reason to take it easy and see what my imagination comes with.

A Word of Advice

If your work needs rewriting, suck it up and rewrite it. Yeah, it's a lot of hard work, but at the end of it, you're going to have something much better than what you started with.

Comments

  1. The rewrite is AMAZING, your hard work has definitely paid off! Hope to get it back to you soon. <3 Love the advice to revise out of order, too -- I hope to try that some time with my own work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you're enjoying it ^_^ Been close to a year's worth of work on it. I definitely owe Golden Egg a lot though. Wouldn't be where it is without them.

      It's a great editing method. Highly recommended.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts